National Coalitions Manager — Immediate Opening
A Coalition of faith-based organizations under the auspices of 1stAmendment Partnership located in Washington, D.C. is seeking a National Coalitions Manager. This role will support the enactment of public policies that protect Americans’ rights to religious freedom, amidst a changing landscape surrounding non-discrimination law.
The National Coalitions Manager will report to the co-directors of the Executive Committee of the Coalition of faith-based organizations. Broadly, the successful candidate will work collaboratively across the Coalition’s Advisory member-organizations, providing support for the Coalition’s work in advocacy, communications and policy development.
Scope of Key Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing support to the Executive Committee, ensuring that it remains a fast-moving team of decision-makers based on effective communication and coordinated efforts;
- Coordinate support as needed for contractors and other specialists providing messaging, advocacy strategy, and public policy frameworks;
- In collaboration with the Coalition’s teams, ensure clear communication with stakeholders (e.g. non-voting/non-governance Coalition members, prospective members, endorsers of various statements of principles, allied organizations, media, opponents, policymakers).
- Ensure compliance with the governance structure established by the Executive Committee and other governing bodies, e.g. federal lobbying regulations.
- Identify opportunities to engage supporters by monitoring news and developments on our priority issue areas.
- Build relationships and strengthen partnerships with ally organizations, and community members to support priorities.
- Manage work plans, timelines, actions, and other tactics to advance Coalition goals.
- Assess impact of campaigns, collect lessons learned, and continually improve Coalition methodology.
- Work with vendors, consultants and contractors as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Proficiency using digital systems to manage content and relationships.
- Demonstrated connections to, and understanding of, faith-based organizations and faith leaders.
- Demonstrated connections to Capitol Hill with knowledge of how to assist constituents in meeting with policymakers and legislators.
- Creativity, flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment. Excellent writing skills with experience in creative, compelling language that can move people to act;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Commitment to the values and goals of 1st Amendment Partnership, and to working at a values-based organization with a high emphasis on mutual respect and intentional workplace culture.
Although not required, a strong candidate should have some of the following:
- Project management experience and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience managing networks, coalitions, and organizations with limited capacity.
- A record of building effective partnerships or coalitions with advocacy and/or activist groups.
- An understanding of the policy and political landscape around faith-based organizations and/or federal non-discrimination law.
Benefits include; health, vision and dental insurance coverage; Employer contribution retirement plan; Competitive paid-time off including vacation and personal leave. Pre-Tax metro contribution is an available option.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s or JD preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Hannah Robillard at HRobillard@1stAmendmentPartnership.org.